Is TPO Roofing Right For You?
The way some people view TPO roofing is that it combines the benefits of both TPO and EPDM but is more cost-effective than both. That alone makes it the ideal choice to use for your Frederick residential or commercial building.
Yet, you have to first know which roofing company you want to work with to take care of this job for you and that answer should be Jennings Home Improvements. Not only can we expertly install this type of roofing system for you, we can help you to better understand what makes TPO such a great choice.
The Basics of TPO Roofing
Here are a few things that you should know about, when it comes to TPO roofing:
- TPO stands for thermoplastic polyolefin and is a single-ply membrane made for flat roofing systems. It offers better energy-efficiency because the white membrane reflects sunlight and heat.
- TPO is available in various thicknesses to offer you different levels of performance. Yet, no matter what thickness you end up with, it should be perfect for standing up against the elements.
- Well-maintained single-ply roofing systems like this last 15-20 years. This falls short of the life expectancy of PVC roofing because TPO is not as flexible.
- You may also hear it referred to as "cool roofing." That is because it is known for its ability to stay cool and, as a result, lower cooling costs. It's heightened solar reflectivity is definitely a selling point.
- It is durable and holds up well against the elements, this includes the ability to be puncture resistant.
If you want to learn more or get started with installing your TPO roofing, then give us a call today!